13.3.06

tadaima

It's been rather long since I had a proper post hasn't it? Blame it on my not so awe-inspiring lifestyle. =(

Anyway, I've recently just started going for Japanese lessons. Class is at Orchard Delphi every Sunday morning, so that means there's shopping to be had after every lesson. Could be good or bad, depending on my financial situation for the week. But usually it turns out to be a torture walking to the MRT station after lessons though.

It's a relatively small class that I'm in, though I haven't really counted exactly how many people are in it. Matsumoto-san, our teacher, is a really lively figure too. She has so many funny expressions and this brand of Engrish that makes me chuckle in class sometimes. I've even picked up her favourite phrase, "OK desu!" Coupled with our class' usually hilarious attempts to construct Japanese sentences that we have just learnt, it makes for a lot of fun and laughter! =)

Talking about my classmates, they're a real varied mix of people. There's someone who looks like a real mugger (-0.0-), two people whom I THINK are a couple (they haven't admitted it yet), one who shuttles between Hokkaido and Singapore frequently, and 3 pairs of close friends. A pity we don't talk to each other that much yet, but hopefully things can change soon. I'm starting to crack a few practical jokes in class to lighten the mood of the lessons, hoping that they'll follow suit too.

Well, here's to a fun and fulfilling time learning Japanese ahead! Will post a few pictures of classes if I'm able to sneak some in soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! sashiburi! benny! it's esther from dhs.. 4i? any impression.. i just started learning jap as well =) i do blog surfing.. so i shall drop by time to time =)